Application and assignment are done via the department's regular process via KIS.
1. Application and Process
- The application for bachelor theses of the department usually takes place in the last week before the start of lectures. Please inform yourself on the pages of the department: https://wiwi.unikl.de/studium/rund-ums-studium/rund-um-pruefungen/.
- At the beginning of the lecture period you will receive the acceptance or rejection.
- Within the first two weeks of the semester, there is a joint kick-off meeting for admitted students, which provides the basics for the work and clarifies questions.
- During the kick-off there will also be a selection of topics that will be divided among the students. The topics are basically within the research focus of the chair.
- The duration of the project and the deadline are determined by the examination regulations and the registration date - as a rule, the processing time is at least 2-3 months.
2. General Conditions
- Theses at the chair have to be written in English language
- Systematic literature reviews are regularly assigned as theses
- Theses in conjunction with practice partners are not possible for Bachelor theses due to the very short processing period.
- There is a predefined number of topics, which is divided among the admitted students. A topic can only be worked on by one person at a time.
3. Final Presentations
All students present the results of their work in a colloquium towards the end of the semester.
Within or on time at the end of the official processing period, each student will hand in the following material:
- By e-mail: Send the final paper as PDF and DOC(X) in advance to supervisor.
- Two hardcopy / physical copies of the final paper
- One of the hardcopy copies must have a CD-ROM or USB stick with the following contents:
- All Excel, SPSS, Stata, Atlas.ti, or other raw data and other data used as the basis for calculations referenced in the final paper
- All documents taken from the Internet (esp. web pages) in PDF format.
- All other documents (e.g. articles from academic journals) that are available in electronic form
- All remaining (paper) documents must be kept and made available as needed until the grade has been officially communicated
- Word format templates, citation templates as well as further instructions for theses will be made available via OLAT
- We recommend the use of the free literature management system Zotero: https://www.zotero.org/